The challenge: Complex checks with conventional plants
The highest demands are placed on the quality of water for drinking water and food production, therefore full functionality of the iron removal system must be checked and documented continuously. If the limit value is exceeded, quick intervention is required. With conventional water treatment plants, this demands a great deal of personnel and time.
The solution: Iron sensors for flow injection analysis (FIA)
The Bürkert online analysis system offers three major advantages over conventional instrumentation solutions:
- The iron removal process is monitored with a special iron sensor, the sensor cube MS06. Its sensors are based on state-of-the-art flow injection analysis (FIA). One sensor is able to monitor multiple filters using the Bürkert sampling system.
- The sample water lines can be designed flexibly – in addition to the iron sensor, it is, for example, possible to integrate sensors for turbidity, ORP, conductivity and pH value.
- In combination with Bürkert sample water sampling, one sensor unit – consisting of the said sensors – can monitor up to eight sample water lines.
The main benefits at a glance:
State-of-the-art flow injection analysis (FIA)
The automated analysis of the iron content in iron analyser MS06 works with high-precision microfluidic components:
- With the help of flow injection analysis (FIA), a sample is taken from the flowing medium.
- A reagent is added to this sample.
- Sample and reagent are pumped through the system and mixed in the process.
- They react to form a specific dye.
- The iron content is then determined through the photometric analysis of this dye.
Control cabinet solution Type 8906
Sensor cube MS06 as well as other sensors and components can be installed in the robust control cabinet solution Type 8906. Your measured values are therefore always available at a glance. This allows you to carry out maintenance, control and error diagnosis at one location – without having to cover long distances and employ a laboratory. The robust control cabinet protects your sensors and other components against contact, dirt and water to IP65 degree of protection.
- Its other advantages include:Customised, application-specific sensors
- Automatic cleaning and calibration units
- Compact dimensions
- Lockable on request
Invest in your process reliability instead of numerous sensors
Our calculation example shows how you can save on the number of sensors when using iron analyser MS06 and the control cabinet solution Type 8906.
Conventional solution Bürkert system solution
Do you want to reduce the number of sensors? For more information, download our brochure or contact us.